KEYNOTES, TALKS, SPEECHES, KICK-OFFS & POWER CLOSINGS
Tom Marks customizes his talks for each group he speaks with. Whether it’s sales and marketing audiences, executive leaders, entrepreneurs, or decision makers across all industries, it’s always Tom’s goal to make certain people leave his speeches armed with insights and understanding that is original, innovative and groundbreaking.
OF SOCRATES, PLATO & ARISTOTLE:
How Thought Leadership Drives Stronger Sales, Marketing & Ethics.
Overview: It’s unlikely that your attendees will have ever heard any speech like this. It’s 100% original thinking and when Tom began his research on this subject, there wasn’t a single, direct online search result for this topic. Attendees will truly hear insights that they’ve never heard before.
“Theorists connect the dots, but thought leaders connect the dots when there are no dots to connect.”
“Here were four men who would probably tee-it-up on the eighth hole of their local muni and not remember their score on the seventh hole, yet here they were, 46 years later, recalling the precise details of the winter of ’72.”
“Every CEO in America needs to heed the wisdom of the three greatest Greek philosophers who 2,500 years ago established a set of corporate ethics that serve as an unforgettable bellwether for what needs to be understood today.”
IDEAL AUDIENCES: C-LEVEL LEADERS, ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONS, SALES LEADERS, MARKETING EXECUTIVES, USER GROUPS, ADVERTISING PROFESSIONALS, ENTREPRENEURS – ALL INDUSTRIES
Insights & Takeaways
- How to implement a thought leadership discipline within your organization
- How we can guarantee a more productive, effective and profitable sales and marketing future by looking back to the world’s greatest philosophers
- Understanding the significance of the Disciplines of Market Leadership and how to determine where your company is strongest
- How Thought Leadership interacts with the other Disciplines of Market Leadership
- How Socrates, his prized student Plato, and his prized student, Aristotle, laid the groundwork for corporate ethics today
- The essential characteristics of Thought Leaders
- The biology and psychology behind Thought Leaders being gifted storytellers
- How Content Marketing proves your knowledgeable
- How to use Thought Leadership for Critical Insight Selling™
I’ve been attending conferences and speeches for 45 years and I can tell you that Tom Marks delivers the one speech you want to listen to. His insights are keen, his strategies are unique, and the context by which he discusses sales, marketing and corporate ethics has never been addressed by anyone other than Tom. It is genuinely an original keynote that you’ve never heard before.
American Board of Trial Advocates
The Most Essential of All the Disciplines of Market Leadership
Overview: Tom’s widely accepted reformulation of the Disciplines of Market Leadership lays the groundwork for effective sales, marketing and messaging strategies. But in today’s environment of deafening noise and clutter, it’s the corporate characteristic of true knowledge that breaks through the bombastic conversations.
“Don’t confuse thought leadership with being the smartest person in the room. As my favorite Apache proverb goes, ‘It’s better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand.”
“We can talk all we want about brand voice, brand personality, brand promise, tone, structure and extension, but they all ride shotgun to thought leadership. Want the strongest messaging in the industry? Wisdom wins hands-down.”
“Then I look to where we can stake our thought leadership claim. What can we research that has never been researched before; what can we understand that’s rarely understood; and how, ultimately, can we monetize our curiosity and wonder?”
IDEAL AUDIENCES: C-LEVEL LEADERS, ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONALS, SALES LEADERS, MARKETING EXECUTIVES, USER GROUPS, ADVERTISING PROFESSIONALS, ENTREPRENEURS – ALL INDUSTRIES
Insights & Takeaways
- How to determine your strongest discipline in all the Disciplines of Market Leadership
- Building corporate trust through discipline and Thought Leadership
- How to let your writing do the talking and if you’re talking, how to let storytelling drive the narrative
- Turning your strongest disciplines into Critical Insight Selling™
- Driving relevant differentiation through the Disciplines of Market Leadership
- Using Content Marketing to drive deeper customer engagement and respect
- Foregoing the obvious in favor of the obscure
- Using other Thought Leaders to take advantage of influence marketing
- Will Trust Leadership become the fifth Discipline of Market Leadership?
If you want to book or see a speaker who is truly educational, isn’t just fluff and performance art, you’ll want Tom Marks and his four decades of sales and marketing experience. Tom is a leading thinker and his presentations are highly educational with learning and guidance the most important parts of his speeches and workshops. Come to his keynotes to learn and leave with dozens of insights.
Gray Television, Inc.
How the Ethics From 2,500 Years Ago Can Be Applied to Corporations Today
Overview: Tom is the first to align the ethics of ancient Greece, espoused by Socrates, Plato and Aristotle, with the much needed and even required corporate ethics of today. Learn how corporations and their brands can distance themselves from competitors by embracing Deontological, Teleological and Nicomachian Ethics.
“Of course, we know that Deontological Ethics stated that if you live by the laws and rules of the land, that you’ll always do the right thing. But what if the laws of the land aren’t ethical?”
“Every CEO in America should take heed of these ethics. Their consumers have already done so; they’ve waited 2,500 years for executives to take action – now’s the time.”
“The 2017-2018 brand trust and corporate ethics statistics are alarming. 89% of global consumers said they’d switch to brands they believe are ethical and support causes. Depending on the company, that should make a CEO either cringe or rejoice in the streets.”
IDEAL AUDIENCES: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS, PRESIDENTS, BOARD OF DIRECTORS, HUMAN RESOURCE EXECUTIVES, GENERAL COUNSELS, CHIEF MARKETING OFFICERS, CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICERS – ALL INDUSTRIES
Insights & Takeaways
- The Greek Notion of Soul provides the groundwork for corporate ethics and work balance that every executive should be familiar with
- Learn how the fastest way to becoming relevantly different is through Thought Leadership and corporate ethics
- In the next five to ten years, Gen Z. will mandate the ethical behavior of all brands or risk depleting market share
- Learn how your Thought Leadership position pairs perfectly with being an ethical and trustworthy company
- See how CEOs can become ethicists in the same way Socrates, Plato and Aristotle taught us
- Drive a stronger ethical brand messaging through storytelling and Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Narrative Pitch Flows
- Why Thought Leaders and ethicists always ask “what if” dozens of time each day
- Learn the seven rules of Thought Leadership that are a requirement for everyone to know
- There’s a reason, 2,450 years ago that Plato said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something.”
With more than four decades of experience, Tom Marks now shares his sales and marketing insights with the world and it’s time to take notice. Tom is innovative, a thought leader, and a resource for insights that is beyond compare to others.